Edtex Batiks is a textile manufacturing company based in Tema, Ghana. It is a limited liability company registered in the year 1998.
The main product of the company is batik fabric, for both local and export fashion industry. We also produce, using batik fabric, soft furnishing products such as curtains, wall pictures, tablecloths, table runners and placemats with matching napkins, as well as fashion accessories such as bags, purses, pouches, aprons, oven gloves and wine sacks.
Being a quality driven company, we insist on quality raw materials and in-house designs to ensure we deliver durable, innovative and unique product that our customers expect.
In hiring staff, enthusiastic and creative people are attracted and are continually trained to develop their creativity and skills. The company therefore has the right compliment of high performing, well compensated creative staff in place who work in environmentally friendly surroundings. The company employs mainly women from the local community.
The Managing Director Edwina Assan, a Textile Designer by profession, has several years experience and has had extensive training in management, which is how she has managed to develop the company to the size it is today.
The future plans of the company is to move its production base to a rural community where it will “GO GREEN” by using natural dyes, solar energy, grow the herbs and vegetables that will be processed and used for dyeing and develop a recycling facility that will process the waste water to add on to our ethical values.
- To creatively seek to consistently design and produce batik and printed textile fabrics that delivers quality and choice desires and expected by our customers
We persistently and consistently seek to be guided in our business by the following principles
- To produce and sell fashionable cloth-making printed textile and batik fabrics
- To be aware of and up-to-date in fashion desired and expected in textile design at different point in time
- To design and produce and sell soft furnishing and fashion accessories products
- To be aware of and up-to-date in knowledge of choices our customers desire and expect in our products
- To satisfy the sense of meaning, attractiveness, decency, quality and service demanded by our patron
- To continuously invest in development of the creativity of people employed in our business
- Designing: We custom design for some of our customers, for mass production.
- Internship for students.
- Training: We run batik training workshops for various association, such as cross-cultural groups, refugees and Christian organisations.
Edtex Batiks Limited has a variety of well labeled and competitively priced fabrics, Table cloths, shopping bags just to mention a few.
One can purchase any item of their choice from the available stock and can pay with local currency or any international currency.
Special orders can be made, but this is only possible when prior notice is given.